Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:54 PM, CDT
Day eight!
It has been a pretty good day. When I got in I went to shower quick to get airport germs off me and then came straight to the hospital. It was fantastic to see Amanda and she was feeling pretty good compared to the past few days. She was in good spirits. My wedding dress came in and Amanda has been such a supportive, influential person throughout this wedding planning that I really wanted her to be there to see it for the first time. So since she she was feeling better my mom brought it here and we got to have a special dress fitting. I'm glad that Amanda coud be involved and be one of the first to see it. We are now relaxing watching the proposal. Hopefully a good night ahead of us! I really enjoyed spending the day with you Amanda! Love you! -Moni

Amanda says - When Monica wanted to bring her wedding dress here asked her why she would want to bring it to the hospital.  I was thinking it could get dirty - even though my room is extra clean and steril since I am nuetrapenic! Haha!  She brought it anyway.  I was so touched that she would do this for me and help me be able to still participate in planning her wedding.  She lit up the hopital room!  She was breathtakingly beautiful in her dress! This was definitely my first experience of a bridal fitting in a hospital room!
I loved having Moni here. She was such a comfort to me! We got to laugh like the good old preleukemia days! The night was great!  I was also put on a new diet; I like to call it Dinner a la Vein!  It doesn't require much or any chewing!  Although I am thorougly enjoying my ice chips.  I was hoping for a full nights sleep - but I ended up with 2 blood transfusions, 1 bag of platelets, and grand total of nine bags hanging from my pole! (I'll post a pic later) Not quite the night I was expecting!  Hoping I get to sleep more tomorrow night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment