Friday, April 27, 2012

On the brighter side of my day : )
Written Apr 25, 2012 11:01pm by Amanda Berbig
I havn't had any really soild food since Wednesday other than yesterday's toast and potatoes. Today Jimmy Johns was delivered to my room! I only ate 1/4 of it but it was pure happiness in my mouth. I dream of the day I can have my sandwich loaded down with their spicy peppers. For dinner Zach got us shrimp fried rice and yummy soup from Village Wok. I am so giddy that their sesame chicken is in my near future.

My parents finally got to come up after being sick for a while. I freaked out my poor mom when she got here because I had just gotten a bloody nose that didn't want to stop. It was so good seeing them and hugging them. They both wore face masks and my dad had to patch his eye because of a cyst. He would have made a good pirate.

I spoke with my first fellow patient tonight. I was going to get ice and she was desperately searching in the freezer for ice cream. I had Zach show her where the unit 7c fridge is to check there. They were out of ice cream too and so she had a pudding in her hand instead. Earlier in then day Zach brought me some refreshing mango ice cream bars that we can store in the unit 7c. I asked her if she would like one. She hesitated and then said yes. We walked to 7c together and she was struggling a lot more to walk than me. It felt really good giving her the mango bar. I hope she enjoyed it.

The last couple of days I have had fevers that have sucked away my energy. I have decided ice is the answer. Ice on my back,neck, tummy, feet. I want my energy back and need to get rid of these fevers that nobody knows why I am having. 2nd round of Chemo starts tomorrow I ready to kick the rest of the cancer out.

Thanks everyone again for all your posts. They are such a comfort and inspiration for me.
Xoxo Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment