Friday, April 27, 2012

Round 2
Written 18 hours ago by Amanda Berbig
I just got back from an Echo which is basically an ultra sound of my heart. It was to make sure it's ready to lead me in to battle. The doctors plan of attach is to give me high doses of chemo today and Monday. This round will equal the same amount given to me in round 1. We are hoping this will wipe out the rest of the leukemia and I won't have to do anymore. I will have another bone marrow biopsy 7 days later. The doctors also expect that I will need a bone marrow transplant which is another lengthy procedure.

The good news is that it is very likely that I will get to come home for a little bit after my blood counts come back up from this treatment. After the bone marrow transplant I will get to stay in a little apartment that shuttles me right to where I need to go. The most exciting part is there will be room for Zach and the Girls.

The best news is that even with the extras I have, AML is curable. I will get my life back and I will live it better. The whole process of getting there just sucks.

I love having visitors but please call me first so I can put my food order in.

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment