Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Thursday, April 12, 2012 4:20 PM, CDT
Day 1 Chemo, The fight continues!
I had a much valued afternoon with Manda, also known as the cancer princess. Last night she began her battle with a blood transfusion and started chemo which she will be receiving around the clock for the next 7 days. She had another blood transfusion this morning and is hanging in there like the rock star I know she is! She has been a little nauseous from the chemo but has been able to take some meds to help with that. The next two weeks will be tough but she is such a strong woman that I know she can fight this!!

After 14 days she will receive another bone marrow biopsy to see she has gone into remission. Time to kick cancer's ass!!!

Tons and tons of love and prayers,
Becky

Amanda says: I have felt really fantastic today thanks to blood bags and Dalotied? (some kind of strong Morphine I get at the push of a button. This morning my fever was at 103.2. later it droped to 99.8 and has not gone up for the first time in five days. The best part is the pain med kills my pain (from the tonsalitis I so luckily picked up on day two (tues.))

My mom is going to have a sleepover with me tonight. I hope she won't worry so much after she sees how well I am treated and taken care of here. -Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment