Saturday, May 5, 2012

New and Easy to Use Guestbook! See Below!!!

There is a new and easier to use guestbook below these posts!  Hope you all find it and write a lot without having too much trouble!


My Friday with Amanda - Day 25

 Amanda and I spent this Friday night together, again.  It seems to me that some of the shock has worn off and it now almost seems normal to head over to the hospital after work on Friday.  Friday was day 25 in the hospital for Amanda.  That number was amazing to me.  It has been almost a full month from the time of her admittance.

I'm trying to figure out how that feels for her, for me, and for so many of her loved ones.  It seems like a very long time on one hand.  25 days of hospitalization seems like a forever amount of time to be cooped up in a small room.  On the other hand, so much has changed in such a short time, it feels like just a blink of an eye.

Amanda, Becky, and I spent the evening of day 25 chatting.  Becky was working on making one of her awesome hats for Amanda.  Becky's hats are adorable and so soft.  I'm not surprised that Amanda loves them all and rarely takes them off!

Amanda had a much better Friday night in comparison to last Friday.  She had a great night's rest!  Her annoyance now are painful mouth sores that make if difficult to eat and drink.   Thank goodness ice cream seems to go down pretty smoothly!

Hopefully as the days progress the mouth sores will heal along with many parts of her body that Chemo has agitated, annoyed, and destroyed.

While Amanda heals, I guess we're all in for another few anxiety filled days, awaiting the next bone marrow biopsy and results!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and saying my prayers for good results!  I know you are too!
- Angie

4 comments:

  1. Hi you two: I hope I can adjust to this new site. (You know what they say about teaching old dogs new tricks.) Think I am there. Anyway, Paul's best friend, Barry, put you and your family on his church's prayer chain and said there was a tremendous response. So you have three, at least, prayer chains praying for you here in our area. Paul and I love you much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you guys for the great update on Amanda! As usual, some stuff gets better and some stuff gets worse. I can't wait for the day that it is ALL better :) I will come down in a couple of days and bring you Ben and Jerry's again if you want. I will check with you to see if the flavor preference has changed..:D. One can only eat so much half baked fudge brownie...right? :D or...maybe that's wrong..:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two comment boards
    well I love you double
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you, Amanda. Praying everyday. Love you guys!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete